Saturday, June 9, 2012

moving on

It is that time of year again in the International School setting where many families are saying good-bye and gearing up for their next adventure. Yesterday one of former students came up to me to tell me he was moving. He just found out last night and has not embraced the idea of leaving his friends and the school he loves. I could tell something else was on his mind too. So I asked him if he had a question. He said yes. He wanted to know what days I was working (I am not full time at the moment). When I told him everyday but Wednesday he smile and said good. That means I can get a hug nearly every day before I leave. How can you not melt??!!!!

2 comments:

  1. How sweet! Kids can be so awesome!! How exciting to teach in the Netherlands!! I hope to travel when I retire(if I ever do) from teaching. Right now,I don't think I will ever want to retire, I so love my job. Glad I found your blog and I am now a follower.

    Teresa
    2nd Grade Pig Pen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Teresa, Welcome! Thanks for joining in! It is truly wonderful to find something you love to do so much that you don't even want to consider retiring! I love working in the Netherlands and in the international school system. It is an opportunity I never thought I would have and am I very am thankful for it. Maybe when you "retire" you will travel and teach ;)

    Keep checking in on us me. I just started my blog at the end of this school year so next year it will really develop.

    In the meantime, enjoy your summer. Relax and reenergize.
    Marta

    ReplyDelete